Behavioral Health Alliance of Texas, Inc.– Management Service Organization in behavioral healthcare founded in 2004. Chief Executive Officer, of midsized non-profit with a mission of increasing access to addiction treatment, providing advocacy for families in recovery, improving jail conditions for pregnant addicted women, developing maternal health case management services for opiate addicted women and their children, managing disaster response for continuity of medication assisted treatment in impacted cities and counties and advocating for local and state policies that decriminalize addiction. Secured and managed 2.5 million state and federal in addiction and maternal health grants.
- Increase access to and funding for medication assisted addiction treatment for 700 individuals in Texas.
- Developed and implemented a statewide strategic plan to address increased number of individual experiencing opioid addiction through prevention, treatment, and recovery support services.
- Designed, developed, and implemented a jail based maternal health case management program for pregnant addicts.
- Designed, developed, and implemented a family court intervention (CPS) program for mothers enrolled in methadone clinics who were at risk of having their parental rights terminated.
- Developed and implemented recovery support services for person enrolled in opioid treatment programs including training recovery coaches and methadone advocates.
- Successfully ensured that all Opioid Treatment Programs in Behavioral Health Alliance’s treatment network were able to manage the administrative, fiscal and programmatic expectations required to be a recipient of a federal grant.
Blue Basin, Inc. – Healthcare Business Consulting Firm. Chief Executive Officer and Principal Consultant providing strategic planning, business development and evaluation services to health and behavioral healthcare programs in and around Texas. Launched in 2002.
BHC Training– Web Based Learning Management System for Behavioral Health Care Organizations and Professionals. Owner and Principal Developer launched 2008 and currently has 4,500 students actively enrolled with 62 courses.
Texas Commission on Alcohol and Drug Abuse– State Agency. Regional Program Administrator managing regional office and supervise multi-disciplinary professional. Supervised financial, administrative and programmatic auditing and investigation activities. Organized, planned, coordinated, and reviewed work of auditing staff. Developed and implemented audit programs and tools. Coordinated and monitored statewide audit projects. Verified administrative and statistical records, management information data, internal controls, provider operations and procedures, and client services and accounting records. Provide training to agency staff regarding audit projects. Reviewed audit work papers for completeness, compliance with auditing standards, uniformity in method. Employed from 1998-2001.
Texas Department of Protective and Regulatory Services– State Agency. Social Service Program Consultant representing the State of Texas as guardian for aging out CPS clients and for the elderly and disabled of the 12 counties surrounding Harris County. Mange multi-million dollar estates of “wards of the state.” Management of multiple properties and other tangible assets. Coordinated social and health care services for clients.
Mental Health and Mental Retardation of Harris County– County Agency. Clinical Social Worker on a multi-disciplinary treatment team to providing outpatient mental health care to chronically mentally ill adolescent and adult clients. Clinical specialist for special populations that included: medically fragile, dual diagnosis (MH/MR & MH/CD & MH/MR/CD), and difficult to manage populations. Provided counseling, case management and psychosocial training. In conjunction with unit Psychologist and LCDC implemented a dual diagnosis treatment track.
Texas Department of Protective and Regulatory Services– State Agency. Children’s Protective Services Specialist assessing and investigating allegations of child sexual abuse in the community and on area military bases. Conducted forensic interviews, family assessments, and evidence gathering. Coordinated intensive family preservation services. Monitored perpetrators of sex abuse and at-risk children. Conducted offender groups and intensive counseling with families. Coordinated victim service with the police, District Attorney, military personnel and other community. Reviewed military investigations to ensure compliance with Texas Family Code.